Monday, August 18, 2014

A Strange and Eerie Fog

I woke up today and all was white and otherworldly outside my windows. People who live in places like the Pacific NW and England may be used to their London Fog, but this is pretty strange for out here in the middle of the prairie. Here are a few photos of my ghostly garden:

Thick as pea soup. The Herb Garden, with only the edge of the field beyond. It's like a curtain has descended.

You can just make out the gazebo across the Park, but not much beyond.

The Garden Shed and three mysterious trees beyond.

Our orchard looks downright creepy. Very sinister....

Even sunflowers look less cheerful without sun.

Beyond the Yellow Garden and the rest of my back yard, it looks like you might fall off the edge of the earth.


Past our house, the driveway appears to lead into the void....


Strangely peaceful, though, as it starts to lift.

Thanks for reading! -Beth

12 comments:

  1. Beth, Your garden design is superlative; it never ceases to amaze me! We had that fog too, and I enjoyed seeing your photos. You have quite a nice assortment of sunflowers too! Hugs, Beth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a nice thing to say, Beth -- thanks! I wondered if the fog was a local phenomenon, but it sounds like it covered most of the state. Thanks for your nice comment! -Beth

      Delete
  2. Your unusual foggy conditions reminded me to enjoy the sunshine of Summer whilst it lasts as Autumn weather will soon be here! The fog produces interesting photos though. The sunflowers stand out as do the trees. I hope the fog has lifted now so that you can get out and about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes -- the fog was gone within two hours after these photos were taken. Bright and sunny again as usual. Thanks for reading, Linda! -Beth

      Delete
  3. I absolutely love foggy mornings and wish they were more frequent... I grew up along a river and every morning was foggy, sometimes until 10:00 a.m. when the sun rose above the nearby mountains. Fog makes such lovely opportunities for photos and yours are beautiful! Larry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That means a lot coming from such an experienced garden photographer as you, Larry. Thanks! -Beth

      Delete
  4. Beautiful pictures!!!! I love these foggy mornings, we have them mostly in November and December. I even made once a ghostly post about it. In first and second photo your garden is of an outstanding beauty, great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Janneke -- I'm so glad you like the photos! I'm sure fog in the garden must be a common theme among bloggers, as we're always looking for some new way to write about what's happening, and a ghostly garden can be beautiful and haunting. Thanks for reading and for your kind words! -Beth

      Delete
  5. Excellent description! Fog does have a way of making every normal thing feel creepy and odd. But it definitely made your morning memorable. Even in the fog, your garden is beautiful! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your very nice comment, Casa! I'm glad you visited. -Beth

      Delete
  6. When the sun does not shine all the sadder. Fog, however, adds mystery widokom. I greet you,

    ReplyDelete